A variation of Sue Davidsons Feijoa Steak Sauce – Vicky Mavin has come up with this amazing BBQ flavoured sauce. Excellent as a pizza topping, a hot chip dip, or chicken marinade.
Feijoa BBQ Sauce
- 1.6 kgs Feijoas
- 1 kg Sugar
- 6 teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Molasses
- 1 Tin Tomatoes Crushed or chopped
- 1 medium Onion Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Teaspoons Mixed Spice
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger Pureed
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Purreed
- 1.4 Litres Vinegar White or Malt
- 0.5 Litres Apple Cider Vinegar
- Top and tail the Feijoas (Do NOT peel). Cut into 2cm chunks.
- Peel and chop onion
- Add all ingredients into a large pot and heat until boiling. Reduce to a simmer (without the lid on the pot) for 3 hours.
- Allow to cool and puree with a stick blender.
- Return to simmer until desired consistency.
- Bottle in clean sterilised bottles.