A variation of Sue Davidsons Feijoa Steak Sauce – Vicky Mavin has come up with this amazing BBQ flavoured sauce. Excellent as a pizza topping, a hot chip dip, or chicken marinade.
Feijoa BBQ Sauce
- Top and tail the Feijoas (Do NOT peel). Cut into 2cm chunks.
- Peel and chop onion
- Add all ingredients into a large pot and heat until boiling. Reduce to a simmer (without the lid on the pot) for 3 hours.
- Allow to cool and puree with a stick blender.
- Return to simmer until desired consistency.
- Bottle in clean sterilised bottles.