Courtesy Sandra Pedersen
Cake will keep up to 3 days in fridge.
Serve with Greek yoghurt or whipped cream
Feijoa Lumberjack Cake
- 1 cup Feijoas pulped
- 2 Apples Granny Smith, grated
- 125 grams Butter
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- pinch Salt
- 75 grams Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 1 1/3 cups Coconut
- Cream Butter and Sugar till light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well
- Mix feijoa and apple and add.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well
- Place in a lightly greased 20cm cake tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 60 minutes
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan until butter is melted, stiring.
- Spread topping evenly over surface of cake and return to oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.