Courtesy of Sue Davidson – this recipe has proved to be a fast favourite of Sustainable Ewe members!
Feijoa Steak Sauce
- 1.6 kgs Feijoas
- 1.3 kgs Sugar
- 6 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 8 teaspoons Ground Cloves (one 40g packet)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1.5 litres Malt Vingar (two 750 ml DYC bottles)
- Top and tail the Feijoas (do not peel)
- Put everything in a pot and bring to the boil
- Simmer for two hours
- Let cool and whizz in a food processor or with a stick blender.
- Return to pot and simmer another 2 hours
- Bottle in clean sterilised bottles