We have two action packed pages of ideas on Pinterest:
We also have a variety of PDF files on the following:
- Bees Wax Wraps – teaching information and instructions for using the iron method to make bees wax wraps and Tulle Produce Bags are available here Teacher Resource And the printable student instructions Beeswax Wraps – Iron Method and Tulle Bags
- Bokashi – information Bokashi and instructions How to Bokashi
- Worm Farming – including word-searches and puzzles suitable for Years 5-8
- Making Origami Seed Pots (perfect for bean seeds) Plant pots – and why not get the children to chart their progress with our Seed Record
- Making Seed Tape (great for smaller seeds such as carrots or lettuce) Seed Tape
- Good Bugs/Bad Bugs and How to Attract Beneficial Insects and Animals into your Garden
Finally check out our Recipe section for low cost, nutritional lunch box ideas.
Other Links/Resources from the Internet
The Edible Schoolyard Project – A site based in the USA teaching from kindergarten through to high school – masses of resources and information.
Kids Gardening – A Texas based programme from the National Gardening Association (of America) bringing gardening to schools. Class plans and resources as well as information and activities.
Seed – South African based in-school permaculture groups and teaching.
Build a Reading Igloo – For your classroom using plastic milk bottles
Sustainability Ideas for the Classroom – A collection of ideas arranged by age group.