Courtesy of Sandra Pedersen
For a milder sauce remove the seeds from the chillies (the heat comes from the membrane that surrounds the seeds).
Wear disposable gloves when chopping chillies and handling the seeds.
Homemade Sweet Chilli Sauce
Servings 3 small jars
- 2 cups Chillies
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Ginger grated
- 3 cups White Vinegar
- 3 cups Sugar
- Chop chillies and garlic roughly
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 45-50 minutes
- Puree mixture in blender
- Return mixture to saucepan and bring to the boil
- Pour into sterile jars and seal
- Refrigerate after opening