Courtesy of Sandra Pedersen
- 750 grams Chillies
- 500 grams Banana Capsicum
- 1 large Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/3 cup Salt coarse
- 6 cups Water
- 750 ml White Vinegar
- 2 tbls Black Peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pickling Spices
- Wash Chillies and remove stalks (Do not remove seeds)
- Place chillies and capsicum, salt and water in a bowl and Stir until salt dissolved.
- Cover and stand for 24 hours
- Drain and rinse
- Dice onion and finely cut garlic
- Place onion and galic in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and add to chillies
- Pa ck chilli mixture into hot sterilised jars
- Combine vinegar, with 1 tablespoon of salt, sugar, peppercorns and picking spices in a pan Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes
- pour over chillies
- Seal while hot
- Store in a cool dark place for 6 weeks before using.