Servings 4 500g jars
- 1-2 cups Sugar more or less to taste
- 2 cups Vinegar either cider or white
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Mixed pickling spice
- 1 teaspoon Celery Seeds
- Tie pickling spice in a muslin bag
- Place in a large saucepan with all other ingredients
- Slice 15 cucumbers and add to the boiling mixture
- Boil for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and remove spice bag.
- Fill jars with cucumbers and top up with the liquid. Make sure the celery and mustard seeds are evenly distributed.
- Seal the jars