Servings 6 people
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Pumpkin Peeled and diced
- 1 Potato Peeled and diced
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Nutmeg To taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (added after onions become clear)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- Bacon Bones
- Ham Hock
- Zucchini Peeled and diced
- Carrot Grated
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and cook till onion looks clear.
- Add Pumpkin, potato, and stock.
- Cover and bring to boil. Cook until vegetables are soft.
- Allow to cool and then blend with a stick blender, or by pushing the mixture through a sieve with the back of a tablespoon.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Garnish with Parsley or Chives
- Serve with Croutons
Bulk out the soup with Zucchini (great way to use up those pesky marrows!) Instead of stock, water can be used, but you may want to add some herbs for flavour. Add rice when cooking to add extra bulk to the soup.