I originally got this idea from Carol Oates. It’s quick, easy and delicious!
Modify it to suit what you are harvesting.
Roasted Pasta Sauce
Servings 2 kgs
- 2 Zuchinni Peeled and chopped
- 2 medium Onions Quartered
- Garlic Peeled and roughly chopped
- Tomatoes Quartered
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Fresh Herbs To taste
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- In a roasting pan place all your chopped veges, garlic, onion etc. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste
- Bake at 180 until tender stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool
- Whizz in blender until sauce consistency has been reached.
We have taken to using this as a tomato sauce substitute. Mix with mince when making meatballs for a flavour burst