This is a family favourite of ours. There is just something very comforting about a Speculaas Cookie!
- 225 grams Butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 reaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- pinch Salt
- Cream butter and sugar, beat in mik
- Add dry ingredients to form a crumbly dough. form into a ball and chill for 1 hour in the fridge (I wrap in a bees wax wrap - but baking paper will do.
- Roll out thinly and cut into shapes (try and keep these even so they will cook evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from tray and placing on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.