Courtesy of Sharon Moseley
A fantastic way of using up some excess tomatoes or zucchini!
- 90 grams Black Mustard Seeds
- 250 grams Fresh Ginger peeled and chopped
- 500 ml Vinegar
- 125 grams Garlic peeled and chopped
- 60 grams Green Chillies seeds can be removed if you prefer
- 2 kilograms Tomatoes blended in food processor OR
- 2 kilograms Zuchinni
- 250 ml Oil
- 30 grams Tumeric Powder
- 90 grams Cumin Powder
- 60 grams Chilli Powder
- 250 grams Brown Sugar
- 60 grams Salt
- Mince ginger, garlic, and chillies with 50ml of vinegar. Set aside
- Heat the oil until hot, add mustard, turmeric, cumin, and chilli powder stirring constantly. Cook for about 5 minutes taking care it dows not stick.
- Add the minced garlic, ginger, and chilli and cook for another 5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, salt, vinegar, and sugar. Simmer for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Kasundi is done when the oil comes to the top, the kitchen is full of the most brilliant aromas and chutney has thickened.
Place in jars as you would a chutney, it keeps forever! Use as a a chutney or mix with coconut milk and use as a curry sauce.